Pages

5/30/10

Guard Your Touch

1 Corinthians 6:18-20-"Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body."


"I went a little too far with one of my girlfriends, and we ended up in bed. We really destroyed our relationship. We both regret what we did that one night. It has ruined both of our purity, and I'm sure we'll both regret it for many years to come." -A guy named Paul in Pure Excitement

Your purity is so important! It's not something to be messed around with. If you date someone and let them break down your walls (let them kiss you, let them become more important than God, let them cause you to lie to your parents about things) than sooner or later you will end up doing something you didn't plan on. One piece of dirt can ruin a pure glass of water. One dirty memory can ruin your pureness. Know your boundaries, and stick to them!

2 Timothy 2:22-"RUN from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts."

Is there anything around you or in your daily life that compromises your purity? RUN from it. Be on guard! You can do anything through the love of Christ. I promise you this: Righteous living, faithfulness, love, peace, and companionship with pure friends who know the Lord is 100 times better than a one night stand or a High School romance! Yes, it is hard to wait for marriage, and there is a lot of pressure in schools today. That's why I set a high boundary for myself. I'm not going to date anyone until college, because I don't believe I will be mature enough to handle the pressure until then. What will you do to make sure you stay on guard?

Song of Songs 8:4-"Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right."

Keep measuring up! You are beautiful.

-Jenna Hampton

With verses, Pure Excitement, and prayer

3 comments:

  1. I love this Jenna. You are so right, and I am very proud of you for sticking close to the Lord...it is the ONLY way to go.
    Aunt Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! I'm so thankful to God for teaching me all these things before I made any big mistakes with my life. So I'm sharing what I know with others. :) -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, you are a beautiful and smart girl. I am so proud of you. Love, mommy

    ReplyDelete