Pages

5/6/10

Do Not Be Afraid

Joshua 1:9- "This is my command--be strong and courageous! DO NOT BE AFRAID or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Are you afraid?... Afraid of what?... well, let's look at Joshua. Moses, who was probably one of God's best servants ever, just died. God decides to put Joshua, son of Nun, in charge of leading the Israelites across the Jordan River into the land He has promised them. Even though that may sound easy, I'm sure it was far from a nice walk in the park! Why else would God tell Joshua to be strong and courageous THREE TIMES in the same conversation?

Joshua 1:5- "No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you."

God is always with you, always watching, always thinking about you. Even if you don't know Him, He is always waiting for you with loving arms. If you feel afraid, take heart! There is hope in God like nothing else. He NEVER leaves you, or fails you. Even death loses it's sting when you've got God. You will have no fear!

1 Corinthians 15:55- "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"

1 Peter 13-15- "Now, who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't worry or be afraid of their threats. Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it."

Don't be afraid to stand up for God! What is more important, speaking the truth, or keeping the approval of people who won't matter in a few years? Don't back down :) It'll be worth it if you keep standing and don't fear.

God is good! Keep measuring up. <3

-Jenna Hampton
with Mother Teresa and some good words for the Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment