Pages

4/8/10

Inspriational Poem

I was going to write the next part of my blog today, but due to the fact that my finger has been crushed in a door, I can't type very well! So, I have decided to share a poem that I wrote for a girl in my 7th hour class. It applies to so many people...

You wonder why kids in our grade can't see
Your wonderful heart, your mind, your beauty
They make it a point to treat you bad
Their hatred and violence make you mad
Maybe it's simply their immaturity
Or possibly their insecurity
You think they don't know the pain they cause you
But the same hurt you feel is the hurt they feel too
Everyone's heart has a hole to fill
They try to fill it with kisses and thrills
But still they're empty; still they're sad
And everyone still treats their neighbor bad
So where is the love? Where is the good?
What part of this life have we misunderstood?
I've learned that the shape of the hole is not round
The thing that goes in it is not on Earth's ground
There's a God-shaped hole in you and me
We own spirits meant for eternity
Life isn't about our sinful desires
It's given to us so we can be on fire
For the glory of God, for His wonderful love
Our eyes are meant to see what's above
To take on His spirit can change your heart
From this world, you'll be set apart
The hole in your heart will go away
You won't be anxious, for you can pray
You'll be filled with love for those who hate
They'll notice a change and appriciate
The way you act and who you are
Small acts of kindness can go so far
You'll be satisfied when you're "born again"
Your emeies will be your friends
If darkness surrounds you during the night
Call on God, for He is light
Promise to serve Him with all of your days
And His angels will guard you in all of your ways
Your question to the world was simply, why?
God has helped me to write this reply

-Jenna Hampton with help from God

2 comments: