Pages

3/19/10

Love Never Gives Up


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. LOVE NEVER GIVES UP, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

Never giving up is a concept that no one can truly understand, except God. He never gives up on us, and we should never give up on Him. It's very easy to underestimate Him and lose our patience. Just remember that God has a reason for everything and will reward you greatly if you don't give up!

"I could give all you seek and pleased you would be. You'd have what you want, but you wouldn't know me. You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint. You'd not know the power that I give to the faint. You'd not learn to see through clouds of despair; You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there. You'd not know the joy of resting in me. When darkness and silence are all you can see... You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee, what it means that My grace is sufficient for thee. Yes, your dearest dreams overnight would come true, but, oh, the loss, if you missed what I'm doing in you. So be silent, my child, and in time you will see that the greatest of gifts is to truly know me. And though oft my answers seem terribly late, my most precious answer of all is still... WAIT." -From the poem 'Wait' by Russell Kelfer

One of the best ways to love by not giving up is to think of each day as a battle. If you try your best to obey the Lord, even if you fail, than the battle is won and things will get better. If you follow your own will, than the battle is lost and things will get worse. Soldiers in battle have a command to never give up until the war is won. Your purpose for God is your war. Never give up on your life, or the people in it. "No course is lost if there is but one man willing to fight for it." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Galatians 6:9- "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the right time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

-Jenna Hampton
with Russell Kelfer and Captain Jack Sparrow

























No comments:

Post a Comment